Program Specific Researcher
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University
Room 412, Minoh Laboratory, South Building
Yoshida Nihonmatsu-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
Email: yangwu AT mm.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp (OR) wuyang0321 AT gmail.com
Yang is currently a post-doctoral researcher of Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University. He received a BS degree in information engineering and a Ph.D degree in pattern recognition and intelligent systems from Xi'an Jiaotong University in 2004 and 2010, respectively. From Sep. 2007 to Dec. 2008, he was a visiting student in the General Robotics, Automation, Sensing and Perception (GRASP) lab at University of Pennsylvania. His research is in the fields of computer vision and pattern recognition, with particular interests in the detection, tracking and recognition of humans and also generic objects. He is also interested in image/video search and retrieval, along with machine learning techniques.
- Update: PDF and BibTeX files for most publications have been added. Data and Source codes for some papers are coming!
- 12/17/2013, 2 papers on "person re-identification" accepted at FCV 2014.
- 09/05/2013, paper on "visual tracking" accepted at ICCV 2013.
- 08/11/2013, paper on "multiple-shot person re-identification" accepted at ACPR 2013 (Oral).
- 07/18/2013, paper on "multiple-shot person re-identification" accepted to IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems.
- 07/02/2013, paper on "set based recognition" accepted at BMVC 2013 (Oral).
- 05/21/2013, paper on "multiple-shot person re-identification" accepted at AVSS 2013.
- 05/04/2013, 2 papers on "transfer learning for person re-identification" and "salient object contour detection", respectively, accepted at ICIP 2013.
- 02/25/2013, paper on "salient object detection" accepted at CVPR 2013.
- 02/23/2013, paper on "multiple-shot person re-identification" accepted at MVA 2013 (Oral).
- 09/30/2012, paper on "class-specified segmentation" accepted at an ACCV 2012 workshop (Oral).
- 06/25/2012, paper on "set based discriminative ranking" accepted at ECCV 2012.
- 06/16/2012, paper on "third-party collaborative representation" accepted at ICPR 2012.
- 05/13/2012, paper on "multiple-shot person re-identification" accepted at AVSS 2012 (Oral).
- 04/18/2012, paper on "common-near-neighbor analysis" accepted at ICIP 2012 (Oral).
- 11/18/2011, the PRL (Pattern Recognition Letters) paper on IAIR-CarPed dataset has been published online ( DATASET DOWNLOAD ).
- 08/08/2011, this webpage starts to work.
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI).
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (former IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks).
- Reviewer for IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems.
- Reviewer for Optical Engineering.
- Reviewer for International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence.
- Reviewer for Neural Computing and Applications.
- Reviewer for Journal of Electronic Imaging.
- Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
- Reviewer for European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV).
- Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR).
- Technical Program Committee Member of International Conference on Internet Multimedia Computing and Service, 2014.
- Program Committee Member of 20th Korea-Japan Joint Workshop on Frontiers of Computer Vision, 2014.
- Program Committee Member of the International Workshop on Multimedia Systems for Surveillance, 2011.
- Local Arrangement for Sino-USA Summer School in Vision, Learning and Pattern Recognition 2010.